WORD BY WORD

All riled up and no place to unload: food, religion, foreign policy, literature, and other stuff that gets me going, plus a little dash of omphaloskepsis

26 October 2006

Welcome to the world, Sufian!


My BFF Jen R. and her hubby Ammar welcomed little Sufian Alexander into existence last night at about 2:45 a.m. Tunis time. He weighs 2 kilos 764 grams and measures 51 cm. According to Ammar, he has Jen's eyes and nose and his mouth — and he has blue eyes! (Both Jen and Ammar's moms are blue eyed.) He's going to be one heartbreakingly good-looking kid, I know it.

Anyway, I am so excited for them, and really looking forward to meeting Sufian when we visit Tunisia next year. Little does he know it, but he's going to be one of the many surrogate kids I expect to look after me in my childless old age.

Congratulations, Jen and Ammar!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your friends...and yes, the child will be ridiculously gorgeous.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home