WORD BY WORD

All riled up and no place to unload: food, religion, foreign policy, literature, and other stuff that gets me going, plus a little dash of omphaloskepsis

07 April 2006

Laugh until you sprain your spleen

Let it be known that I have seen the future of funny-ness, and it is The Comedians of Comedy: The Movie. We watched it last night and I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at a movie in my life. I knew Patton Oswalt was hilarious (fun fact: he was in the same fraternity as my college boyfriend, and I once vomited in the stall next to him -- good times!) but the other three comedians in this documentary were new to me: Brian Posehn (the weird looking guy from "Just Shoot Me"), Maria Bamford, and Zach Galifinakis.

From Netflix description: "Along with clips of performances, the film offers a behind-the-scenes look at the comedians and the challenges of presenting material that's not necessarily "masses-friendly" and of playing rock clubs and indie venues rather than the usual comedy clubs."

Warning: It's not quite as nasty as The Aristocrats, but it does explore even more taboo subjects. It's not for watching around the kiddies or your churchgoing granny.

3 Comments:

Blogger emb said...

Ha! We just ordered it! I'm so glad you're our Netflix friend! The movies you like are good! I bet the next time we see each other we're gonna be all like, "I can't believe you didn't like blahblahblah!"

8:55 PM  
Blogger lyrical robot said...

btw, good news for you, my comedy-minded friend. maria bamford is doing five nights at the punchline in SF August 1-5. perhaps we will join you. all hail COC!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Checked it out - good recommendation!

Maria Bramford turned me on more than the others; especially with the Old MacDonald rendition. I've been trying to imitate her but I think I'm SOL!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home